Title: Communications Assistant
Reports to: CEO
1. Degree/post-graduate in communications/public relations or related field.
2. Some experience working within a communications function.
3. Knowledge of the Health Sector/Not for Profit an advantage.
4. Knowledge and experience of social media an advantage.
5. Enthusiastic and positive attitude and capable of working in a team environment and taking direction.
• Support the delivery of Cancer Trials Ireland’s objectives.
• Develop and maintain the Company Website
• Manage the content and production of literature and information materials
• Brand Management for all communications
• Attending events as required
• Develop, edit and manage internal newsletters.
• Assist in the planning of key internal events, workshops and conferences.
• Proactively identify and initiate media relations which raise the profile of cancer trials and reflect the
organisation’s strategic objectives and values.
• Manage and publish relevant Twitter posts reflect well on the organisation, its tone and the cancer trials
• Liaise with key stakeholders as required.
• Undertake research relevant to the communications functions.
• Provide communications advice to the leadership team as required.
• Adhoc duties the CEO may decide from time to time.
This role may suit a graduate who is interested in a career in communications and marketing. While the role is principally entry level, it will provide a great opportunity to gain a good grounding in the work of a professional services environment.
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
1. Science and/ or medical/ or nursing background
2. Minimum of 10 years in Clinical Research Management
3. At least 5 years experience as Head of Oncology/Haematology Clinical Research, including overseeing multiple projects/programs and people
4. Extensive leadership experience in the management of teams and stakeholders
5. Post-graduate qualification preferred
• Head of operational strategies for clinical programs and functions through appropriate leadership, direction and expertise
• Deliver operational strategies to the functions of Clinical, Biometrics, and Pharmacovigilance and align with Cancer Trials Ireland’s Mission and Strategy
• Working alongside the CEO and Leadership Team, contribute to policy development, strategic planning and business development of Cancer Trials Ireland
• Lead and oversee the effective development, implementation and execution of clinical programs within agreed timelines, resources and budget
• Build and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as Chief Investigators, internal committees, industry partners, funders, investigator/site research team members
• Preparation of funding applications and periodic reports to funders
• Provide and present ongoing operational plans and status reports to the CEO, Clinical Executive and Board as required
• Oversight of the operation of committees with responsibility for the scientific direction of the clinical program, the medical oversight of the study portfolio, and representation of the investigator/site network
• Represent the company at national and international meetings and conferences
• Line management of Project Managers and Heads of Departments with responsibility for study management
• Identify program risks and develop and implement mitigation strategies
• Foster a quality and compliance culture. Ensure employees are appropriately trained and comply with Cancer Trials Ireland policies, SOPs and applicable regulatory requirements and quality standards
• Approve relevant company SOPs
• Create a positive work environment by encouraging mutual respect and accountability
• Attend training programs and conferences, as required
• Perform other tasks as specified by the CEO
Closing date: 16th July 2019
Please send your CV directly to email@example.com if you are interested
Title: Data Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Biometrics
1. Thirdlevel degree in biomedical/life science or relevant discipline
2. Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
3. Effective team player who can work independently when required
4. Ability to work to deadlines
4. Ability to exercise excellent attention to detail
5. Has an excellent working knowledge of Excel
6. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Tools and general computer literacy
•Perform data management (DM) tasks on allocated studies specifically iPROSPECT and Breast- Predict in an effective and efficient manner
•Design, update and manage the Case Report Forms (CRF) for assigned studies
• Perform data entry of CRF data and review CRF data for completeness, accuracy, and consistency via computerized edits and manual data checks.
•Create and resolve data clarifications and perform Quality Control checks.
•Provide updated metrics and status reporting on CRF completion and data issues.
•Participate in and lead DM meetings with internal and external team members.
•Collaborate with team members (e.g. Clinical Research Associates, Sites) to lead on Study Deliverables.
•Adhere to all DM-related procedures and regulations e.g. Protocol, Study Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, ICH GCP etc.
•Create and maintain study files and other appropriate study documentation.
•Perform other tasks as specified by sub-management group
Closing date: 12th July 2019
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so by clicking on the link below and applying through the UCD careers website:
Re: Translational Data Coordinator-Research Assistant, UCD School of Medicine, (12 months (part time))