About this trial
This is a multicentre, phase 3 study in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. This study is looking at adding nivolumab to chemoradiotherapy and comparing it to chemoradiotherapy alone. It is also comparing 3 different immunotherapy treatments to have after these first treatments. These are nivolumab plus ipilumumab, nivolumab on its own and durvalumab. 888 patients will take part in this study with up to 15 patients from Ireland.
The trial is split into 4 stages.
• screening stage – the trial team makes sure you are able to take part in the trial. This takes up to 28 days
• chemoradiotherapy stage – this takes around 9 weeks
• maintenance stage – this takes around a year
• follow up stage – this is up to 5 years after you started on the trial
This is a randomised trial which means you are put into 1 of the following treatment groups by computer:
• Group A – chemotherapy, radiotherapy and nivolumab, followed by nivolumab and ipilimumab maintenance treatment
• Group B – chemotherapy, radiotherapy and nivolumab, followed by nivolumab maintenance treatment
• Group C – chemotherapy and radiotherapy then durvalumab maintenance treatment
The aims of this trial are to find out:
• if having nivolumab with chemoradiotherapy works better than chemoradiotherapy alone
• if having nivolumab and ipilimumab as maintenance treatment works better than just nivolumab
• if having nivolumab with chemoradiotherapy, then nivolumab and ipilimumab maintenance, works better than chemoradiotherapy with durvalumab maintenance
• how safe the treatment is
• more about the side effects
• more about quality of life
Participants with previously untreated Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
Where’s this trial being run?
St James’s Hospital and St Vincents University Hospital
Can I join this study / trial?
The first thing you do is to talk to your doctor and/or the cancer trials research team in your hospital. The contact details for the cancer trials research units in Ireland is here.
Why not Print this page and bring it with you. It will help your doctor and research team advise you.Print this page
For more detailed informationClick Here
|Name:||CA209-73L / CheckMate 73L|
A Phase 3, Randomized, Open-Label Study to Compare Nivolumab plus Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) followed by Nivolumab plus Ipilimumab or Nivolumab plus CCRT Followed by Nivolumab vs CCRT followed by Durvalumab in Previously Untreated, Unresectable Locally Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (LA NSCLC) (CheckMate 73L)
|Principal Investigator:||Dr Emer Hanrahan|
|Global Recruitment Target:||888|
|Ireland Recruitment Target:||15|