Dublin (Hybrid model)
1 year fixed term
Head of Operations and Clinical Programs
1. Science and/or medical or nursing background.
2. Minimum 5 years Clinical Research experience, oncology an advantage.
3. Proven ability to deliver project goals and mentor junior level employees.
4. In-depth knowledge of the Irish clinical trials environment.
5. Experience with drafting and managing Clinical Trial budgets an advantage.
6. Excellent communication skills with the ability to represent the company at an international level
·Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with ICH-GCP, regulatory requirements, applicable guidelines, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), study protocols and project-specific procedures.
·Manage successful execution of one or multiple projects.
- Manage assigned studies from concept to final study report in line with ICH-GCP, regulatory requirements, applicable guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and project-specific procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to identify new studies and manage ongoing collaborations.
- Contribute to the oversight and execution of key operational strategies and processes.
- Lead protocol development for assigned studies.
- Develop and execute study plans including setting project goals, leading risk assessment and management, planning resources and timelines, and study team role and project-specific training.
- Overall responsibility for management of essential documents and Trial Master File related to assigned studies.
- Oversee the process of site visits and documentation of the visits.
- Pre-emptively identify potential issues and proactively manage resolutions and put in place, where possible, measures to minimise issues and risk for assigned studies.
- Contribute to preparation for audits and inspections, conduct, and follow-up as required both internally and at investigational sites for assigned studies.
- Draft and finalise budgets, contracts. and roles and responsibilities prior to commencing study activities and manage throughout the lifecycle of the study.
- Oversee Regulatory and Ethics committee submissions for assigned studies.
- Responsible for vendor identification and management where required.
- Take all reasonable precautions to ensure patient confidentiality is maintained.
- Contribute to departmental and cross-functional SOP development and updates as required.
- Update HCO on the status of all clinical trial activities.
- Identify and communicate scientific misconduct according to Cancer Trials Ireland policies.
- Perform other tasks as specified by HCO.
Cancer Trials Ireland welcomes applications from candidates seeking part-time working arrangements. In addition, Cancer Trials Ireland offers flexible/hybrid working arrangements for all vacancies.