Public & Patient Involvement (PPI) in cancer clinical trials
For expressing your interest in getting involved!
Patients Consultants Committee
Unless you consent otherwise at a future point, the contact information you have supplied will never be used for any other purpose than fostering your engagement with PPI through Cancer Trials Ireland.
- Joining clinical researchers to discuss cancer trials in Ireland
- Sharing what trials means for participants, and cancer patients of Ireland.
- Contributing your perspective during the development of certain trials developed in Ireland
- Reviewing and improving documents related to cancer trials that are given to patients, such as consent forms and Patient Information Leaflets (PIL)
- Potentially taking opportunities to share your story at conferences, webinars and in media to help raise awareness of cancer trials and be a touch-point for other patients and advocates (optional)
- Helping develop patient ideas into research projects with our new Patient-Led Research Programme
- Becoming part of a group of enthusiastic people with lived experience of cancer who want to improve and support cancer trials in Ireland
Since 2017, Cancer Trials Ireland has rolled out an annual campaign (Just Ask) to promote public awareness and understanding of clinical trials and associated issues. Just Ask 2023 is supported by: