On Thursday 21st October 2021, the core working group of AICRI (All-Island Cancer Research Institute) made a presentation to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on the Implementation of the Good Friday Agreement.
Representing the core working group were:
- Prof Liam Gallagher, UCD & Precision Oncology Ireland
- Prof Maeve Lowery, TC & St James Hospital
- Eibhlin Mulroe, CEO, Cancer Trials Ireland
- Prof Mark Lawler, Queens University Belfast
- Ciaran Briscoe, CEO, NECRET (North Eastern Cancer Research & Education Trust)
The working group presented to an assembly of TDs, Senators & MPs.
Extracts (short video clips)
Below are two short extracts from the full session. The first one (below left) features Prof Maeve Lowery, and the second clip features Eibhlin Mulroe, CEO of Cancer Trials Ireland.
Featured Cancer Trials Ireland reports
Both the Report arising from the Cancer Retreat (Aug 2021) and the Summary Report from the DSSG stakeholders session in March 2021 were submitted to the Joint Committee ahead of the presentation on Oct 21st, 2021.